Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bride Story

I am among 101 authors included in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Here Comes the Bride, officially released May 15. My chapter, “My Piano Man,” tells how, when I was 34 and newly orphaned, thinking I’d never marry, God brought a husband into my life. This is my fourth Chicken Soup compilation. I have learned that each book’s 101 selections are chosen from between 2,000 and 4,000 submissions.

I started reading my advance copy last night. The Chicken Soup editors do an amazing job of selecting heart-tugging, inspiring stories.

Just one comment. I noticed many stories told of couples living together before marriage. My husband and I chose purity until marriage. A few weeks before our wedding, I had to move from Chicago to Washington state. My husband-to-be flew to Chicago and helped me drive my car west. Every night, even though it cost twice as much, we had separate motel rooms to honor that commitment. Old-fashioned? I guess so. God-honoring? A resounding yes. For a thoughtful article on this issue, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment